Girls will have a college dormitory experience rooming with fellow program participants in spacious, four-bedroom dorm suites on the scenic campus of Marist College in the heart of the Hudson Valley. Located in Poughkeepsie, NY, the college sits on the banks of the Hudson River and boasts magnificent views of the river and Catskill Mountains as well as a waterfront park. The campus is also a convenient five-mile drive from the Eleanor Roosevelt National Historic Site (at Val-Kill) where the GLW program takes place.
The program will commence at Marist College at 9:00 AM on the first Saturday of the session and close at approximately 12:00 PM the following (and second) Sunday of the session, after a graduation brunch celebration in The Marist Cabaret.
Family members and guests who are local and/or traveling with participants are invited to attend the following events if their schedule permits:
- Family Meet & Greet (light refreshments will be served) at 9:00 AM on the first Saturday of your session, O’Shea Hall, Marist College.
- Optional Tours of the Eleanor Roosevelt National Historic Site
- GLW 2020 Graduation Brunch held on the last Sunday of the program session from 9:30 AM – 12:00 PM, The Cabaret, Marist College; $25 per person in advance
Participants and their families are responsible for the cost of and arranging for all transportation to and from the GLW program. Those traveling long distances generally arrive the day before the program session starts (Friday) and are provided with meals and overnight accommodations for an additional fee.
Travel by Car
Participants traveling by car will need to arrive by 9:00 AM on the first day of the program session and should plan to depart by approximately 12:00 noon the last day of the session. Free parking is available at Marist College.
Travel by Rail
41 Main Street, Poughkeepsie, NY 12601
Participants should plan to arrive at the Poughkeepsie station no later than 8:30 AM on the first day of the program session and to depart from Poughkeepsie on the last day of the program sometime after 12:30 PM. The ride from the train station to Marist is under 10 minutes. Local cab service is available at the station, and there is access to Uber and Lyft in the area.
Those who are traveling more than three hours by train are strongly advised to consider early arrival on the Friday before the program session starts.
Travel by Air
Participants traveling by air generally plan for early arrival on Friday and should plan to fly into one of the airports listed below:
Albany International Airport (ALB)
Albany Shaker Road, Colonie, NY
(518) 242-2200 │ http://albanyairport.com/
John F. Kennedy International Airport (JFK)
New York, NY 11430
(718) 244-4444 │ https://www.jfkairport.com/
LaGuardia Airport (LGA)
New York, NY 11371
(718) 533-3400 │ https://www.laguardiaairport.com/
Newark Liberty International Airport (EWR)
3 Brewster Road, Newark, NJ 07114
(973) 961-6000 │ www.newarkairport.com
[New York] Stewart International Airport (SWF)
1180 1st St, New Windsor, NY 12553
(845) 838-8200 │ https://www.swfny.com/
It is strongly recommended that participants who are traveling from across the U.S. or internationally book flights that will arrive between 9:00 AM and 2:00 PM on the Friday before their session. Return flights on Sunday should be scheduled to depart after 4:00 PM.
GROUND TRANSPORTATION FROM THE AIRPORT
Door-to-door airport car service can be arranged through:
A.S.O. Limousine Service, Inc.
(845) 849-2834 │ firstname.lastname@example.org
About A.S.O. Limousine:
- All A.S.O. drivers are insured and background checked.
- For airport pickups, A.S.O. drivers will meet domestic flights at the baggage claim areas and international flights at customs. Drivers will use signs to identify themselves and will be provided with passengers’ cell phone numbers, so they can confirm arrivals and rendezvous points (if necessary).
- For airport departures, A.S.O. will drop passengers off at their terminal, escorting them to and through the terminal entrance. Drivers do not park and accompany passengers to their flight gates.
- Whenever possible, A.S.O. will coordinate airport pick up and drop off as a group, arranging for shared transportation of three to four girls in a car or five to seven girls in a mini-van. However, separate car service bookings may be necessary to avoid extended passenger wait times—especially if multiple terminals or airports are involved with widely scattered arrival or departure times. A.S.O. will monitor flights to make the best transportation decisions.
- Additional fees will be applied for:
- short-term parking fees (pick-ups)
- hourly fees for multiple terminal pickups
- different-sized cars due to the amount of participants being picked up or dropped off
For more information or to book ground transportation from the airport, please contact Shawn at the number or email above.
Participants traveling long distance by train or nationally/internationally by air generally opt for early arrival. Early arrivals will be housed in the Marist dorm. The fee for lodging, linens and Friday night dinner is $65 per person. Participants are responsible for breakfast, lunch, snacks, beverages and incidentals on the Friday they will be traveling.