SPECIAL NOTE: Since New York State gave approval in mid-February for overnight summer camps to operate in 2021, we have been awaiting the State’s updated, COVID-19 informed operating guidelines from our county. Today, we were informed that those guidelines should be reaching us within the next few days. Once we have had a chance to review the new compliance requirements, we will able to make a determination about whether or not GLW will run this year. We expect to have a decision shortly—and no later than May 1. Please check back here for timely updates, and thank you for your continued patience. (April 20, 2021)
“You gain strength, courage and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face. You must do the thing you think you cannot do.” – Eleanor Roosevelt
Girls’ Leadership Worldwide: Where Passion Meets Purpose
If you’re looking for a one-of-a-kind experience to discover your passions, build the confidence to take on your dreams, develop your voice, and unwrap a world of leadership potential, then Girls’ Leadership Worldwide (GLW) is for you!
Each summer, girls from across the country and around the globe are brought together for a unique nine-day leadership program inspired by the life lessons and leadership legacy of First Lady of the World Eleanor Roosevelt. Over the course of the program, girls experience interactive workshops, participate in field trips, visit career sites, network with and learn from accomplished female leaders, and gain a new perspective on leadership–all while building an international community of peers and lasting bonds of sisterhood.
Girls emerge from GLW transformed and re-energized, ready to be the compassionate, socially-conscious and fearless leaders of a new tomorrow.
EXPLORE your hopes and dreams.
FIND your voice and learn how to use it.
CONNECT with other like-minded girls in a supportive, judgment-free zone.
BUILD self-confidence and develop a positive self-image.
PARTICIPATE in a program that enables you to address issues and concerns important to you.
LEARN skills to help reach your personal goals and realize your dreams.
DEVELOP strong relationships with girls from around the world.
Innovating the Summer Camp Experience
GLW’s innovative leadership immersion takes girls on a journey of self-discovery and exploration that empowers them to find their voice and catalyses them to speak from their truth and lead from their values. The program, which is based on the 10 Principles of Leadership modeled by Eleanor Roosevelt, welcomes high school girls ages 15-17 who are ready to discover their passions and meet their full potential.
GLW’s 10 Principles of Leadership:
- Advocacy & Activism: Girls apply service leadership skills to make a difference for a cause as an Eleanor Roosevelt ambassador.
- Agent of Change: Girls come to understand the importance of human rights and civic responsibility; in so doing, they unlock the power within and become a force for the good of all.
- Empowerment: Girls build self-confidence, find their voice, and explore ways to express themselves.
- Global Citizenship: Girls discover what it means to be a global citizen and gain an appreciation of and respect for the diversity of perceptions and perspectives that inform different cultures and communities—both close to home and around the world.
- Networking: Girls meet and learn from accomplished women (and men) from various professional fields in the for-profit, nonprofit, academic and public service sectors as well as GLW alumnae, Advisory Committee members and ERVK stakeholders.
- Open-mindedness: Girls learn how to embrace new ideas, value differing opinions and allow others to freely express their views without condemnation. They learn to recognize and address unconscious bias.
- Passion & Purpose: Girls ignite their life’s mission by uncovering their passion and purpose.
- Servant Leadership: Girls begin to acquire the values and skills necessary to become a principled and socially-conscious leader in the style of Eleanor Roosevelt.
- Social Justice: Girls explore and discuss contemporary social justice issues, challenges, and solutions.
- Solidarity: Girls form strong peer relationships within their GLW community in a supportive, judgment-free environment.
Meeting at the intersection of mentorship, leadership development, creative learning, and advocacy, GLW provides girls with the experiential learning that will embolden their voices, develop a strong identity, and uncover their passions. Girls depart the program prepared to address social justice and human rights issues and to navigate the demands of global citizenship and servant leadership. Through GLW, girls discover their power to impact others, and the world.
Session I: July 11 – July 19, 2020
Session II: July 25 – August 2, 2020
*ERVK is proud to offer all participants a subsidized tuition rate that is $500 less than the actual cost of program participation. It is our mission to provide programming that is accessible to everyone, and we could not achieve this without the generous support of corporations, private foundations and individuals who provide support for the program. For more information regarding funding, tuition assistance and scholarships, please email us at email@example.com or call (845) 229-5302.
Girls’ Leadership Worldwide takes place at the historic homestead of Eleanor Roosevelt, in Hyde Park, New York.