The Eleanor Roosevelt Center at Val-Kill (ERVK) is a national leader in youth leadership and character development programs, human rights education, and advocacy initiatives that inspire and empower individuals, organizations and communities to use their time, talent and resources to build a just and sustainable world. We are dedicated to breathing new life into the precedents set and the legacies left behind by the First Lady of the World, Mrs. Eleanor Roosevelt.
Based in Hyde Park, New York, ERVK is home to the internationally esteemed Girls’ Leadership Worldwide (GLW) program and annually awards the prestigious Eleanor Roosevelt Medal of Honor upon extraordinary local, national and internationally-recognized individuals and organizations emulating Mrs. Roosevelt’s high ideals and courageous leadership and action in their communities and around the world.
Programs & Development Coordinator
Position Summary: Under the direction of the Director of Programs & Development, the Programs & Development Coordinator provides high-level support and logistics management to ERVK programs and events. The ideal candidate is someone who will champion Eleanor Roosevelt’s values and vision and has a passion for empowering young girls and developing youth leadership. Candidate must be a highly organized self-starter with a keen ability to manage multiple projects at once.
- Engages deeply in program and event content and develops a comprehensive knowledge of desired outcomes
- Coordinates and implements program outreach
- Establishes and monitors timelines and ensures deadlines are met
- Drafts and revises all internal program applications, forms, worksheets and official correspondence and assembles and processes participant applications and supporting documents
- Acts as liaison between participants and ERVK; maintains relationships with facilitators, presenters and vendors
- Under director’s supervision, negotiates and follows up with all contracts with facilitators, presenters and vendors
- Arranges and confirms details, logistics and payments pertaining to such things as lodging, field trips, transportation, meals and additional staff
- Ensures complete and accurate details are communicated between participants, partners, vendors, and presenters; manages all correspondence from program email inboxes
- Creates online evaluations and surveys; responsible for coalescing all evaluation and survey data for analysis
- Troubleshoots and problem solves when logistical complications occur
- Monitors program budgets
- Aids in researching and completing in-kind\grant applications
- Other duties that may be deemed appropriate and necessary to the operation of the ERVK programs and development outreach
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Strong interest in human rights/social justice and the empowerment of young leaders
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree or three plus years’ experience in program coordination
- Must meet the minimum requirements of the Department of Health Subpart 7-2.5 of the New York State Sanitary
- Code for supervision of ERVK’s Girls Leadership Worldwide Program. https://regs.health.ny.gov/content/section-7-25-personnel-supervision-and-camp-safety-plan
- Excellent supervisory, project management and administrative skills
- Proficient in the Microsoft Office Suite (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- A working knowledge of Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and LinkedIn
- Knowledge of basic accounting
- Pleasant personality and professional demeanor with exceptional verbal and written communications skills
- Ability to take initiative and exercise good judgment
- Must be confident, self-motivated, and have the ability to oversee and prioritize multiple projects and tasks, and to supervise timelines to meet expected deadlines.
- Must possess a sense of humor, paired with a sense of urgency
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and a reliable vehicle
- Strength to lift and carry materials weighing up to 50 lbs. without assistance.
Commitment: 40 hour work week, Monday – Friday, 9 a.m. – 5 p.m.; some evenings, weekends and overnights will be required. Must be available to be “on call” during two, week-long sessions for the GLW program in the month of July.
Girls’ Leadership Worldwide Group Leader
We are looking for empowered young women to lead our emerging girl leaders; women dedicated to the same values ERVK seeks to inspire in our programming: EXEMPLARY LEADERSHIP, CONFIDENCE, COMPASSION, and a dedicated commitment to HUMAN RIGHTS and the EMPOWERMENT of women and girls everywhere!
Position Summary: Group Leaders help with all aspects of each day’s workshop activities and field trips, facilitate nightly small group meetings, and supervise participants on campus each night. They play a critical role in the success of the program because they have the most direct contact with the participants, and set the tone to create a supportive, healthy learning community. Group Leaders work under the direct supervision of the Director, Programs & Development.
Qualifications: College junior, senior or recent graduate required. Previous experience as a college Residence Assistant or Camp Counselor desired. Demonstrated leadership and/or facilitation experience required. First Aid and CPR certifications required.
For more information, please email email@example.com
ERVK is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, age, national origin, ethnic, background, disability or any other characteristic protected by law.