An Annual Celebration of Human Rights Day
Friday, December 7th, 2018
9 – 2pm
Henry A. Wallace Visitor and Education Center
4079 Albany Post Road, Hyde Park, NY 12538
- Dutchess County Commission on Human Rights
- Eleanor Roosevelt Center at Val-Kill
- Franklin D. Roosevelt Presidential Library and Museum
- Roosevelt-Vanderbilt National Historic Sites, National Park Service
- United Nations Association of the USA, Mid-Hudson Valley Chapter
Join us at the Wallace Center on Friday, December 7 as we celebrate the 70th anniversary of the adoption of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights (UDHR).
This free, day-long program, based around “FDR’s Four Freedoms Today,” will feature talks, dialogue, and workshops focused on connecting the UDHR to Hudson Valley issues and solutions.
Presenters and faculty will include:
- Dr. Rebecca Adami, Research Associate at the Centre for International Studies and Diplomacy, SOAS (School of Oriental and African Studies), University of London
- Mona Ali, Associate Professor of Economics, SUNY @ New Paltz
- Dr. Ellen Chesler, Senior Fellow, Roosevelt Institute
- Dr. Maria Hoehn, Professor of History, Vassar College / Mid-Hudson Refugee Solidarity Project
- Rev. Walter LeFlore, Board President, Interfaith Council
- Ben Majekodunmi, UN Senior Human Rights and Political Affairs Officer
- Marc Molinaro, County Executive
- John Penney, Poughkeepsie Journal
BREAKFAST AND LUNCH ARE INCLUDED.
ADVANCE REGISTRATION REQUIRED, AS SPACE IS LIMITED.