Want to be a GLW Group Leader?!
Over the course of 8 days, young female leaders will be brought together from all corners of the globe, to become empowered and inspired by the lessons and legacies left by Eleanor Roosevelt. Upon culmination of the program young women will emerge, transformed and re-energized, ready to be the compassionate, socially conscious, and fearless leaders of a new tomorrow.
BE THE CATALYST FOR THAT CHANGE! APPLY TO BE A GROUP LEADER TODAY!
We are looking for empowered young women to lead our emerging girl leaders; women dedicated to the same values ERVK seeks to inspire in our programming: EXEMPLARY LEADERSHIP, CONFIDENCE, COMPASSION, and a dedicated commitment to HUMAN RIGHTS and the EMPOWERMENT of women and girls everywhere!
Click Here for More Information:
Position Summary: Group Leaders help with all aspects of each day’s workshop activities and field trips, facilitate nightly small group meetings, and supervise participants on campus each night. Group Leaders reside at the dorm with the girls. They play a critical role in the success of the program because they have the most direct contact with the participants, and set the tone to create a supportive, healthy learning community. Group Leaders work under the direct supervision of the Program Manager.
- Work closely with other Group Leaders and support one another. Attend GLW team meetings.
- Develop strong facilitation, effective communication and other skills by participating in Group Leader Orientation and GLW workshops.
- Facilitate small group dialogues as needed during the day’s workshops and as part of the evening’s reflection of the day’s experience.
- Assist with the daily task of creating and maintaining the smooth flow of program activities.
- Develop and implement program activities, as needed.
- Each evening, facilitate an evaluation of the day’s activities, as well as prepare the girls for the next day’s activities.
GLW Group Leaders must be present for:
- Staff Training - July Tuesday, July 3- Friday, July 6th, 2018
- Session I - Saturday, July 7th - Sunday, July 15th, 2018
- Session II - Saturday, July 21st - Sunday, July 29th, 2018
Qualifications: College junior, senior or recent graduate required. Previous experience as a college Residence Assistant or Camp Counselor desired. Demonstrated leadership and/or facilitation experience required. First Aid and CPR certifications preferred.
To apply, please email a cover letter and your resume to: email@example.com with subject line: Group Leader