Developed by the Eleanor Roosevelt Center at Val-Kill (ERVK) and our four community college partners, ECCEL is designed to prepare you to lead in all aspects of your life — personal, academic, professional and community. With a focus on self-discovery, skill development, experiential learning and global citizenship, the program will contribute significantly to your academic achievement and workforce success, preparing you to lead in a global society.
SELECTION CRITERIA & PROGRAM REQUIREMENTS:
- Applicants must be a matriculated student at Dutchess, Orange, Rockland, or Ulster Community College and have completed at least 12 credits with a minimum 2.5 cumulative GPA. Students entering college directly from high school must have a minimum 2.5 cumulative GPA and be registered for at least 12 credits.
- ECCEL is intended to be a beneficial extra-curricular activity and valuable compliment to your academic schedule. Successful completion of the program requires attendance and full participation in each of the following:
- Three (3) Weekend Leadership Retreats: November 11-13, 2016; January 13-15, 2017; and June 2-4, 2017. Retreats run from Friday afternoon through Sunday afternoon and include overnight accommodations.
- Implementation of a campus-based group community impact project.
- Participation in scheduled campus group meetings (meetings will be held at least once per month).
- Participation in two (2) spring workshops, which includes the Savvy Socializing and Networking Dinner on Friday, March 3, 2017
- Application and both references must be postmarked by October 11, 2016.
- Applicants will be notified by October 24th.
- Accepted students will have the option to pay either a $150 program fee OR commit to providing 5 hours of community service prior to the January retreat.
- Complete the application including the short-answer questions and essay question.
- In order for your application to be considered, you must also provide two references. Please provide the names of your two references below in this application form AND request that your references complete the separate online reference form.
- Please note that our primary means of communication with applicants is via email. Therefore, it is critical to include correct email addresses for the applicant.